Wearing a Kanji T-Shirt is cool. But if you understand the authentic information about what you wear, you can impress everyone. On this page, you can make sure this Kanji Shirt is right for you.
Table of Contents
禅 Zen Kanji Shirt: Basic Info
- Japanese Kanji: 禅
- Pronunciation: Zen
- Spelling Variety: Zen
- Meaning: Zen, Mindfulness, Zazen, Zen Sect, Zen Philosophy
- Category: Motto
- Image of this Kanji Word: Mindfulness, Peaceful, Stoic and Calm
禅 “Zen” is a mental training to reach the mindfulness. It became popularized in recent years as an idea that Steve Jobs loved.
The kanji word “禅” is the short name of 禅宗 (zensyuu: Zen Sect). It’s a sect of Mahayana Buddhism, but it’s not exactly religious concept. It’s a practice.
The basic idea of Zen is to search for the truth of who you are. And the main practice is Zazen.
How to do Zazen
- Seat with folded legs and hands, and an erect but settled spine.
- Fold hands together over the belly.
- Breathe from the the center of gravity in the belly.
- Lower the eyelids halfway.
禅 Zen Kanji Shirt: Who Should be Wearing It
The specific image of this motto usually applies to:
- People Who Like Zen Philosophy
- People Who Like the idea of Mindfulness
- People Training Their Mentals to Be Calm
- People Thinking About the Truth
- People Who Want to Be Released from Their Own Ego
禅 Zen Kanji Shirt: Examples of Qualification
Of course anyone can wear a Kanji T-shirt. But does this Japanese shirt have a special meaning for me? Should I wear the Kanji Shirt “Zen”? Here are some examples of actual people who would qualify.
- a Guy Who Wants to Stay Calm and Be Relaxed
- a Boy Who Wants to Be Mentally Strong Like a Martial Art Master
- a Girl Loving Inner Peace Escaping from Mean People
- a Businessman Who Wants to Be Promoted
- a Lady Who Has a Miniature Zen Garden on Her Desk
- a Engineer Who Needs to Come Up with Innovative Ideas
- Zen Spa Lovers
- a Mom Who Wants to Reach for the Mindfulness
- a Tourist Visiting a Zen Temple in Japan
I hope anybody, who needs to be in the motto “Zen”, owns these Kanji Clothes.
禅 Zen Kanji Shirt: Designs
Items and colors vary. Each Japanese Kanji has 2 choices of text colors, Black or White. And There is also a version with a KansaiChick stamp and English text (translation) available.